libaes Development Project
The libaes project intends to produce a good quality AES
implementation for use on Unix like systems. It is intended
that this library will support all 3 main block lengths (128,
192 and 256 bit) and the 3 major key lengths without requiring
library recompilation. However the initial code is limited to a
single block length selected at library compilation time.
The current code was taken under a BSD like license. It it
intended that future work will remain under a BSD or possibly
- Initial implementation based on Brian Gladman's AES libary.
This is intended as a test release, in that it is a base for
how the API of the library should be structured.
- Assembler (intel i586 using a few MMX instructions)
implementation of the encrypt/decrypt function for 128 bit
block size. (This runs at twice the speed of the gcc compiled
C version on my machine).
- Vector test program and set of test vectors.
- Speed test program
There is a
development mailing list with archives.
- Web site design and logo etc
- People to help discussion on the mailing list so we get an
API which fits what people need.
- Assembly programmers to make good AES implementations for
Any offers of help to
Last modified: Sun Jan 13 12:40:58 GMT 2002